Slider

  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket />
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket"/> />
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket />
/>

Friday, June 14, 2013

A weekend at the State Track Meet

Hello there, I know it has been a while since I posted anything here but I promise I'll do better. I've been doing a lot of sports lately and one of my favorite days, so far, was at the State Track Meet in Des Moines, Iowa. It was a lot of fun for me because I got the chance to experience things that haven't happened in the years, for example, two seniors finally got their first place after many times going to this competition, or what about a group of young ladies who beat a record that was held since '74 or a photo finish race of the first race of the day!

Something that caught my attention was the camaraderie shown during those days, pretty much every athlete after the race was hugging or helping the other fellow runner, something that you don't see in many other sports. But like in every sport, superstition was playing a big role, and for what I saw there the hair was the thing to do! haircuts of all kinds and colors.

It wasn't easy to spend those days under the sun and feeling like a lizard trying to find any shade to stay under for at least a few minutes so my head wouldn't fry, but you know what? the experience was totally worth it!

The amount of pictures taken during those three days was crazy, but here are some of my favorite ones. Enjoy









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs